The challenge this month is about finding PEACE.
As a mom of two preschoolers and an infant, my days are often so hectic and stressful that I can feel myself getting overwhelmed. Anxiety, stress, worry, exhaustion… and on top of it, it’s Spring and everyone seems to be sick.
It can be hard to do more than just get through the day.
So to keep it simple, I’ve made a list of ways you can bring more peace into your life, even if it’s just a little bit a day.
1. Go outside. Get a breath of fresh air! If you’re like me and the pollen is screwing with your allergies, you might want to keep it brief.
2. Play. Tickle fight with the kids. Dance party. Car wash with your hubby. Just take a few minutes to have fun, even if it’s doing every day things.
3. Pause electronics. Spend less time on your phone, and turn off the TV sometimes. Same goes for the kids. Spend some time in the real world, without the stimulating and distracting screens we all seem to have in front of our faces all the time, almost like the people in Wall-E.
4. Sing. I know it sounds crazy, but it can lift your mood and relax you.
5. Find time for yourself… even if it’s just a 5 minute break where you paint your toenails. Take the time when you can. It really helps.
6. Take a break from cleaning. This one can be hard for us moms to hear… but I’m not saying live in a totally messy house. Just stop worrying about perfection. Leave the freaking dishes for now. Vacuum later.
7. Appreciate the little things. I know everyone says that but it’s important. Appreciate how the sun shines after a storm, how your little ones just hug you. Just notice the details of life.
8. Let go of ideals of perfection. Right now.
9. Forgive yourself, and forgive anyone you’re upset with.
10. Let go of fear and worry. The Bible says do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Worrying will not add a day onto your life.
11. Remove yourself from drama and negativity.
There are so many other ways to find peace; these are just a few! Check out my Pinterest board for all of my lifestyle and happiness stuff here. I would love to hear any ideas you may have! Just leave a comment below, and I might even add yours to this list. Please subscribe to my emails to get updates whenever I post – which isn’t TOO often since I have three preschoolers, but often enough that you won’t miss me. 🙂