I was challenged by https://bodyafterbaby.blog to make a list of reasons why I’m Rocking Motherhood. It’s time we all let go of some of that guilt and judgment and recognize that being a mom is AWESOME. It’s the most amazing, beautiful, difficult, heartbreaking job in the world. Let’s show a little love!!!
So here are my 10 reasons why I’m Rocking Motherhood 🙂
- I’m not perfect… but I’m doing my best!!
- I follow my heart in how I raise them, instead of letting other people tell me what I should be doing… but sometimes I wonder if I’m messing up.
- Some days I play Legos in the floor… and some days I turn on a movie for them.
- I let them eat pizza.
- I’m trying to teach them common sense and life skills – which is not to be taken for granted these days, in my opinion.
- I hug them every day.
- I try to really listen when they talk, and really explain why they are in trouble. And sometimes I say, “because I said so!”
- At 8 months pregnant, I still have my patience and sanity… just maybe not very much of it.
- I am rocking motherhood especially now that we went minimalist and got rid of most of the clutter and unnecessary cleaning that was keeping me stressed out!
- I always try not to judge other moms, no matter what. Whether you work, stay home, dress expensively, wear yoga pants, co-sleep, cry it out, drink wine, work out, eat the hell out of those donuts, breastfeed, bottle feed, or let them eat cheerios off the floor of your mini van… I know that being a mom is hard work, and we are all just trying to do the best we can! I know that we are all supermoms. And none of us are perfect.
Those are not the only reasons I’m rocking motherhood. I make mistakes every day. And it’s time we all realized that it’s going to be okay… So I challenge all of you awesome moms out there to list 10 reasons why you’re rocking motherhood too! 🙂